What is the JAA / EASA Airline Transport Pilot’s Licence (ATPL) Theory?
To upgrade the PPL to a Commercial Licence (CPL) will require a course of Ground School, either conducted full time in-house or by Distance Learning. These are called the EASA Theoretical Knowledge Examinations, they are normally at ATPL level and take approximately 6 months (full time in-house) to complete. There are 14 of these exams and all must be passed before the Commercial route can be continued.
The standard course consists of 650 hours of instruction which may be conducted by Distance Learning or Full time groundschool. At EFT we are partnered with Gulf Coast Training Solutions to provide our EASA / JAA pilots with ATPL groundschool in Florida. Our state of the art facility includes individual computers and projectors. Our groundschool is 400 hours of instruction and 250 hours of home study. This is completed over 6 months and combines the best of the full time ground school, and the flexibility of the distance learning course.
The EASA ATPL subjects are :
|Principles of Flight||Human Performance||Aircraft General Knowledge|
|Aircraft Performance||Air Law||Operational Procedures|
|Flight Planning||IFR Communications|
|Mass and Balance||VFR Communications|
Our ATPL ground school offers the following points to assist you in a successful first time pass in all 14 subjects:
- Full color notes, regularly updated by subject experts to keep them in line with the objectives
- The notes are available in either printed manuals or electronic format useable on a Ipad
- Access to an online classroom with the very latest in feedback questions
- Qualified and experienced instructors
- A three module breakdown of the subjects to prevent the student from overloading on information
- Climate controlled classrooms
Combined with the 400 hours of instruction, is access to our custom make online learning center. This contains the most up to date real exam questions that you will see, useable on the computer which you are supplied with in the classroom, or at your accommodation on a PC, or an Ipad.